Saturday, 25 May 2013

Sail away with me..

I love Greece, the architecture, the food, the people!

So when I got time to go on a last minute solo holiday, I decided I would visit again- this time with a difference!
I wanted to experience a few of the different islands, and preferably travel with a group as I was on my own, so I stumbled upon a trip by Gadventures here.. 7 days of sailing from Santorini to Mykonos! Opportunity to learn how to sail, top up my tan & visit lots of islands that were new to me.
Here are some of the pictures I took whilst on my travels!

Home for the week

Venetian architecture

Marina Vilhalda, Santorini

Black sand beach in Santorini

The good ship "Sappho" (Famous ancient poet from Lesbos)

Surfers in Santorini

Ahoy!

Postcard perfect!

These beautiful red flowers were everywhere I looked!

Beautiful church on Sikinos

Admiring the view in Sifnos

Broken Dinghy!

Yet another gorgeous beach!

Archaeological site at Yiroulas

Naxos town

Citron distillery

Mount Zeus! (Climb and a HALF!)

Sunset in Naxos

Now although I had a great time, there were a few things that marred the trip for me- including the skipper being smashed on Tequila and crashing the boat at 4am and then randomly inviting a friend onto our boat for 3 days.
So if you want to stay up till 4am every night getting wasted on a boat, this is the trip for you. If you want a trip focused on actual adventures and cultural exploration AVOID :)

No comments:

Post a Comment