Friday, 5 July 2013

10p mix mash up!


Long, hot, sticky, summer days. Running zig zagged along the pavements in my summer dress to avoid the clusters of flying ants. Pedalling my clacker wheeled bike until I felt lost and the sound of the ice cream van sending me flying back the way I came...
At least once a week visiting my grandparents house, not even the tuna sandwich stealing cat or the scary coal cellar could diminish the much anticipated 10p mix!
Pressing the money tight into your hand & running full pelt to the shops round the corner. Eyes greedily taking in all of the possible options you could now afford... mmm cola bottles!







I do love a little nostalgia, the brilliant weather today has made me thinking back to all the amazing fun summer has brought over the years.

So here is the perfect quick and easy nostalgic dessert recipe, fizzy cola panna cotta!
Its a deliciously sweet and creamy grown up indulgence with a hint of 10p mix about it :)



Ingredients:
Makes 4 large/8 small
1 1/2 leaves of gelatine (or veggie equivalent)
300ml whipping cream
40g of caster sugar
1tsp of cola flavouring (Available at Sainsburys or online)
Small packet of cola bottles
Edible gold glitter



- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for a few minutes to soften



- In a pan, heat the cream and sugar gently to a boil.



- Add the gelatine and flavouring and stir in until dissolved
- Place a cola bottle in the bottom of your mould before pouring over the mixture



- Leave to set in the fridge for 5 hours


- To serve, sprinkle a little glitter over for a visual fizz!

I can't wait to try this recipe out on the rest of my favourite nineties sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment